No Massacre At Tiananmen Square: WikiLeaks

In a strange turn of events, a series of secret cables released by WikiLeaks shows communications between the US Embassy in Beijing and Washington saying there was no bloodshed at Tiananmen Square 22 years ago. This news was released in the UK paper ‘The Telegraph’ who had exclusive access to the WikiLeaks cables. The secret US cables actually partly confirm the Chinese government’s story that no massacre occurred at the June 4, 1989 Tiananmen Square protest. The new revelation goes in stark contrast to the official line propagated by Western powers that a massive killing of peaceful protesters took place.

In the cables it is detailed what US diplomats were told at the time. They were advised not to go into the streets unless they were involved in front-line reporting. This can be confirmed as several news agency’s from around the world covered the event live. A cable carries the story that a Chilean diplomat gave when he witnessed the events.

“He watched the military enter the square and did not observe any mass firing of weapons into the crowds, although sporadic gunfire was heard. He said that most of the troops which entered the square were actually armed only with anti-riot gear – truncheons and wooden clubs; they were backed up by armed soldiers.”

The diplomat was working with a Red Cross station inside Tiananmen Square, the one that was claimed to have been attacked with people dying by the hands of the Chinese Military. In fact he said that a line of troops had surrounded them and they panicked fleeing. However, he said that there was “no mass firing into the crowd of students at the monument”.

One of the leaders of the protest, Liu Xiaobo (the man who won the Nobel Peace Prize last year), had actually order the students to leave Tiananmen Square. The Chilean diplomat said, “once agreement was reached for the students to withdraw, linking hands to form a column, the students left the square through the south east corner.” This sharply contradicts the testimony of several journalists who were in Beijing claiming that government troops had attacked the unarmed civilians.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

‘In 2009, James Miles, who was the BBC correspondent in Beijing at the time, admitted that he had “conveyed the wrong impression” and that “there was no massacre on Tiananmen Square. Protesters who were still in the square when the army reached it were allowed to leave after negotiations with martial law troops [ …] There was no Tiananmen Square massacre, but there was a Beijing massacre’.

I am loath to give any credit to Deng Xiaoping, he is the revisionist leader who brought capitalism back to China. He was the one who caused those legitimate protests to take place. The people were protesting against the dismantling of the People’s Communes, the dissolving of the “Barefoot Doctors” which effectively ended healthcare for the rural population. The people were protesting to bring back the “Iron Rice Bowl” which had been established under Mao’s Revolutionary China. Footage is available of demonstrators singing the International, the communist anthem in defiance of the Deng Xiaoping regime.

I for one believed the story of the Tiananmen Square, that Deng Xiaoping did kill those who protested against him. I however and proven wrong, along with the rest of the world.

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8555142/Wikileaks-no-bloodshed-inside-Tiananmen-Square-cables-claim.html

Advertisements